Mountain bike trails & tours
Bike-Circus Saalbach-Hinterglemm is a pure buzz
Regardless of whether you're daring a tour with several peaks with a group, ambitiously taking on difficult terrain or looking for a family-friendly cycling tour: no sooner have the snow and winter sports enthusiasts left the field, when mountain bikers move into the mountains around Saalbach-Hinterglemm and Leogang.
A view over the stunning mountain panorama of the Upper Tauern and Leogang Mountains – a dream for any mountain biker on their summer tour in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Be it easy panorama tours, thrilling mountain bike marathons or challenging cross-country trails, the Saalbach-Hinterglemm region in the Salzburger Land offers the perfect biking experience for all tastes and mountain bike tours in all levels of difficulty.
A summer biking holiday in Pinzgau
With more than 400 km of mountain bike trails Saalbach-Hinterglemm is the ideal destination for your bike holiday in the Salzburger Land region. One real highlight is the direct link to the Leogang Bike World, which can be reached by cable car in just a few minutes from Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
Bike-Circus Saalbach-Hinterglemm combines everything that gets mountain bikers' pulses racing:
- 400 km of marked mountain bike trails
- A 720 km long cycling & bike network in the region
- Link to the Tauern cycle path
- Cable cars for bike transport (included in the Joker Card)
- Cross-country marathon route or half-marathon
- Single trails, downhill, freeriding, a dirt park, north shore, training course
- Link to Leogang bike park
- Many bike-friendly mountain huts
- Free panoramic map
- Guided bike tours every day
- Riding technique courses
- Events: World Games of Mountain Biking & Glemmride Festival
Take a look at the top mountain bike tours in your holiday region now
- Schattberg East/West circular trail, 1,368 metres difference in altitude, 31 km
- Talschluss circular trail, 400 metres difference in altitude, 19 km
- Bärenbach tour, 1,368 metres difference in altitude, 23.5 m
- Bergstadl circular trail, 525 metres difference in altitude, 11 km
- Wetterkreuz circular trail, 814 metres difference in altitude, 18 km
- Tyrolean circular trail, 1,798 metres difference in altitude, 47.6 m
- Huber Hochalm circular trail, 680 metres difference in altitude, 19.2 m
- Panoramaalm circular trail, 680 metres difference in altitude, 22.8 m
- Zwölferkogel-Ellmaualm, 1,093 metres difference in altitude, 19.5 m
Practising on the riding technique training site
You can gradually have a go at easy and difficult obstacles with professional MTB Academy coaches on the Saalbach-Hinterglemm bike course. Learn riding technique and methods in a low-risk environment before setting off on real trails and tours.
Superb infrastructure in the Saalbach-Hinterglemm mountain bike region
More than 30 mountain inns in the region guarantee that bikers are well catered for when out and about. Some of them have even been awarded the "Bike-friendly mountain inn" label. Besides the usual friendly hospitality you can also find assistance with minor problems on your mountain bike. From bike pumps to repair kits to spare inner tubes and covers, all the most important material is available to mountain bikers and cyclists here.
If you prefer leisurely cycling the perfect alternative is to use the cable car. You can use these free of charge with your Joker Card. Once at the top you have the option of leisurely cruising and exploring numerous panorama trails and enjoy the panoramic view over the Alps.
Glemmride Festival & World Games of Mountain Biking
The famous Glemmride Bike Festival takes place at the start of July every year. Fantastic freeriding, gravity competitions, parties and workshops are on the programme. The Glemmride Bike Festival is a bike event for the whole family on their summer holiday in Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
Saalbach-Hinterglemm becomes the venue for the World Games of Mountain Biking every year in September. Motivated and ambitious mountains bikers show off their skills on different tours from cross-country races to downhill races. Be there at the unique mountain bike festival in Pinzgau, regardless of whether you're competing yourself or just coming as a spectator.
The sauna, steam bath and whirlpool in the wellness complex at Hotel DAS ZWÖLFERHAUS provide the perfect finish to your biking day on holiday in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. With wonderful memories of an amazing bike tour you can physically and mentally relax in the soothing warmth of the hotel's wellness complex. Afterwards, our comfortable rooms ensure a cosy, cuddly time or you can enjoy the warm summery evening on the balcony. Experience an unforgettable mountain biking and cycling holiday in Salzburg's Pinzgau region: what we need first for this is your non-binding enquiry, which you can send to us now!